Monday, February 5, 2007

Hey Ya!

Very solid back to back runs on Saturday & Sunday. This was the most I have run back to back so far (for this marathon training). Last weekend, I let myself off pretty easy by running long on Saturday and then a short 4 on Sunday. These past weekend, I did a strong 7 miler on Saturday followed by a slow and determined 16 miler on Sunday. BEFORE I even began, my legs were heavy & tired from the day before. I had no idea how far I would go…all I was focused on was putting one foot in front of the other. Here and there, I got some spontaneous bouts of energy/adrenaline. Let me tell you, it was needed on this chilly 34 degree morning. (Saturday was 28 degrees) One of the highlights of the run came about mile 12. I had just turned a corner and was headed up a small yet steady hill of about 1/2 mile. As I trudged up the hill on my fatigued legs, "HEY YA" by Outkast came up on my IPOD. And lo and behold, there I was shaking my body and moving my head and "dancing" as I was singing…"shake it, shake it, shake it like a Polaroid picture…" It was sooo great…me, the goofball, with multi-colored running clothes on, black Asics fleecy cap, water bottle in hand, nose running from the cold…grooving to Outkast. No, that must have been a site!!

See…you never know what will keep you going out there on the roads….
Whatever it takes, baby... whatever it takes!!

Cheers

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats on the strong runs. Isn't it amazing what a good tune can do for you? :)

r.d. said...

That reminds me, your cd I promised...

afuntanilla said...

yes, R.D.....i am waiting. :)