Sunday, March 11, 2007

weekend runs

Yesterday ran another chunk of the actual race route. did about 10 as left my house, throughVirginia-Highlands, along side Piedmont Park, into midtown, alongpeachtree & into downtown & back ....with jaunts through Ansley and back into Virginia-Highlands. I did not feel particularly great out there...it wasn’t my legs, but the rest of my body which just felt so damned fatigued. I was also sniffing and spitting much along the way. I guess that sinus thing is still lurking. When I was done, it felt like it took so much out of me.

Did not hit the streets til noon today. Wonderful weather here in the ATL. Sunny, warm, low 70’s. Perfect. I headed out for a little one. At 3.3 miles, I felt a terrific cramp on my right calf muscle that was so painful i stopped dead in my tracks. I sat down on the curb and massaged it and was able to finish the route. 4.6 miles. This cramp creeped up on my yesterday too, but not nearly as painful. I worked on it last night with some massge tools,but obviously, no where near enough. I will be working on it again this evening. But, really, i gotta wonder...where the heck did this thing come from. I feel like a golfball is stuck in my calf and yanking and tearing away inside. Wow....must be from all that hill work i have been doing. :)

i have to tell myself some kind of good comes from this.

2 more weeks!! YIPPEE

No comments: