Sunday, April 1, 2007

extra stuff

some geeky training stats

For an 18 week training period for the marathon:

Total Mileage Logged - approx. 452.8 miles
Avg per week = 25.15

( i think this could have been part of my finish time disappointment. for previos trainings, i have logged my miles)

from about 4 weeks into my 18 week training, i wrote down all the gels, gu’s, powerbars, etc... ingested. These numbers also reflect race day.

POWERBARS: 24
POWERGELS: 7
ClifBars: 14
Accelarade Gels: 2
BALANCE BARS: 5
GU’s: 3
CLIFSHOTS: 4


Massages: 4, at least

4 comments:

r.d. said...

I'm thinking you just need one meaningful one... if you know what I mean.

Joe said...

To me that sounds like a lot of miles!

miss petite america said...

i go through gels like no one's business...and vaseline...i wonder how many tubs i'll use up in a year.

peter said...

You did a sub-5 and you only trained 25m per week? Oh, wait, I didn't see you wrote that on 4/1. Seriously though, that's interesting stuff. I'm always interested in what people do to get themselves through a M.