Saturday, April 21, 2007

Recap:

Sunday: another 1 hour plus run on the ASKA trails!! Gorgeous, quiet, cool

Tuesday: “Interval” workout on Thrillmill & GYM

4 x 200

{8 min pace, 7:53, 7:53, 7:47}

2 x 300

{8 min pace}

Felt awesome! A great switch up after coming back from woods, trails, & hills!!


Thursday:

It’s been great weather this week in the ATL, so I decided to bring my running stuff with me to work & run home after work was over. I could run the oh-so famed PEACHTREE ROAD RACE course and then some. Appproximately 7.5 miles home. I also thought, it’s fine if i don’t make it the whole way since there are big hills, i slept like crap after having 2 delicious margaritas night before, and body is just tired. Whatever I didn’t run, i would walk. But, since I HATE walking, the motivation to keep running was high!

It was very freeing to run after work instead of drive home. I would ideally like to rely less on my car, if i can. I’m gonna keep working at it.

I had my fuelbelt on, my blackberry in back pocket, keys, debit card & ID. I felt happy running while so many were stuck in traffic. (inhaling the fumes was not so great, but oh well) The course is always tough, but i am determined to finish with a better time if i get into the race.

Before I knew it, I was making my way into Piedmont Park and seeing so many people out -- taking advantage of the warm, no humidity weather.

I decided to stop there at 57:00. I walked over to see if TRADER JOE’s had opened and it had!! Yippee. We have all been waiting for this!!

I walked in. Got a few things for dinner and carried the sack home about a mile away.

I felt good about doing somethin’ good for our planet. And good for my body.

Good for my Soul.

<>

2 comments:

David said...

That is an inspiring tale. Happy Earth Day too.

I hope the dinner was delicious.

Joe said...

> body is just tired

Do you think you are still recovering from the marathon?