Saturday, January 12, 2008

Jan 11: 36:00/4 miles/9:00 pace/HR 150
Jan 12 41:00/4.25 miles/9:38 pace/HR 144

Friday's run was an after work run. i definitely ran with some anger that helped propel me up some good hills. anger and frustration and just plan stress from a trying week at work. it’s interesting because the anger didn’t really kick in until i WAS going up the hills. the additional pain & challenge the hills cause got me all fired up and it allowed me to use the anger to keep propelling my body forward. a good thing. anger as a good thing.

Today's run was sans anger. Went mid afternoon after doing some studying for an exam I have to take soon for work. Was a very beautiful, clear day here in the ATL. I purposely went slower. I'm trying to be very specific about what I want to do for each run and what pace I want to run and so far so good. Today was the slowest pace I have run in a while and I could definitely feel the difference.(and I didn't like it) But, if I want to accomplish my goals, i need to follow some sort of program and that is what i am doing. For my shorter runs, I have been wearing NIKEIDs (mine are navy/lime) and they are sooo light, it just MAKES ME WANT to go faster. A good thing. I WANT TO BE FASTER. I know I will get there will the consistent, correct training.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Joe said...

Nice workouts. Anger can be a powerful motivator.