Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Jan 24: 3 miles/26:20/8:46 pace
jan 26: 4.1 miles/36:48/8:58 pace
Jan 27: 4 miles/36:28/9:07 pace

Last week, I finished watching "RUNNING ON THE SUN" and here are some words I would use to describe it: amazing, inspiring, unbelievable, AWE-some, sometimes scary(when some folks got really sick) and sometimes disgusting (all the coverage of the nasty, blistery toes/feet)
If you have not seen this movie and you are in any way an athlete, I think you want to watch this film. Some amazing people participated AND finished the grueling run. WOW. WOW. WOW. I couldn't help but feel emotional as I watched some of them cross the finish line. I felt like I was there with them on their journey...that's how much the movie pulled me in.
If anyone wants to borrow it, I am happy to lend it out. Just let me know.

Happy Trails!!

2 comments:

Josh said...

Glad you enjoyed it. It's a crazy, crazy event. I've read about it and talked to people who have done it, but until you watch that movie, it's impossible to realize just what it involves. Hope all is well!

Scott McMurtrey said...

Thanks for the heads-up about the movie. I rented it too. Wow. I'll never look at my toes the same.