Sunday, July 22, 2007

Race Day: Southeast Braintumor Foundation 5K

Wasn’t at all sure how I would do today after a work week of 10 hour days. Yikes! I got no running in except a 2 miler in the morning darkness on Thursday before work.

I was excited for the race even though i really wanted to sleep in instead of waking at 6am. My buddy, S.L., came over and we made our way over to Atlantic Station, race start. Of course, lots of folks, lots of good energy and a beautiful morning. Pretty humid, but not hot yet.

I was looking around the bib pick-up area for 2 other pals from work, but did not see them. We walked over to the start area and saw them and it was a good boost. We were all ready for our morning run.


(that's me with the blue Bandana) Race Start Photo

I didn’t really have time to stretch or warm up or anything and i thought to myself, “if i do 9 min miles, i will be satisfied.” My body was absolutley exhausted this past week. Coming home from vacation to work 10 hour days is not exactly how i would have scripted it. Oh well. Suck it up, right?


Mile 1 was flat and easy. 8:09

Mile 2 had a significant hill at approx 1.5 mark and then a smaller hill closer to 2nd mile mark. approx 9:00

Mile 2 - 3.1 was flat mixed in with just the slightest smallest grade. approx 9:00

5k Finish Time: 26:19 = 8:30 appox pace

Not bad considering my body conditions. It was a great and fun since I had cajoled 3 others into running. We had a good time cheering and supporting each other and a worthy cause!!



(after the finish, sweaty & happy!)

2 comments:

r.d. said...

Hey! Nice to see you again afunt, good job! (as always)

afuntanilla said...

thx, r.d. :)