Saturday, July 28, 2007

Work Interruptions (grrrhh)

I've been cranking out the hours at work for the past 2 weeks and have not had lots of time for running. Worked 50 hours each of the last 2 weeks. It has thrown the running completely off. I will need to do another 4 days of extra hours before back to a more normal schedule. It has been 10 hours of raised intensity every day and by the end of it, i am wiped out. Of course, when i am able to put on the shoes and go, i feel whole again!!

Last night I just wanted to ride my bike, so i walked in the door from work and quickly changed clothes. Pumped up the tires and went: rode 7-8 miles. short, but wonderful. great to go fast and feel the warm wind on my face as the sun was edging away...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday:

The first weekend day in like, forever, that i did not get up and run immediately. Needed the rest. and I had a 9:45am appt. to get my freaking haircut!! Finally. Whew. What a relief.

Afterwards, went to a nealry abandoned track and ran in the slightest sprinkles of rain.

3 miles - 28:46 Slow. Man, my legs felt like I had anchors attached to them. Very humid. But so peaceful at the track.

just for kicks and to mix it up a little, i did the following just to see what my times were:

4x200

Avg per 200 = .53/sec

I was glad to get out there today. Aiming for a 10-12 miler tomorrow.

No comments: