Saturday, March 29, 2008

13233

13233: This is my BIB for the race tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the challenge. this will be my first race of 2008 and my first half-marathon since February of 2007. Before I began the training for this event, I had a goal of beating 2 hours, which would be a 1st for me. The best I have done at this distance was back in 1999 during my FIRST ever half-marathon in San Francisco. I finished 2:01. The closest I have come to this is in back to back years at Mercedes Half-Marathon in Birmingham in 2006, 2007 at 2:03 each -- and that is a hilly course.
So, we does that leave me now...? Well, bases on my training times and mileage, I think I finish between 2:05-2:10. If I finish more than 2:10, i will be disappointed; if before 2:05, very happy! I simply have not put in enough mileage or better training to go under 2 hours so for the foreseeable future, that will remain a goal.

Went to the expo and picked up my stuff. Cool, yet very overwhelming. Major Stimuli!! Forecast for tomorrow morning is between 45-50 degrees and rain. Sounds great to me. Much better than last year when it was in the 70's.

I have a few colleagues running in the race and I wish us all and all the other troopers tomorrow a fun and fulfilling race day!!

Cheers!

No comments: