Sunday, March 23, 2008

Stoking the Fire

FIRE IN THE BELLY - "an unquenchable thirst for power or glory; the burning drive to win a race or achieve a goal. As a political phrase, the expression is usually used to indicate a Presidential candidates' desire to win, particularly the willingness to endure the long contest.

March 23: 10 miles/1:39:39/9:59 pace
March 22: 4 miles/39:00/9:47 pace
march 20: 2 miles/17:14/8:37 pace
March 18: 2.3 miles/20:35/8:57 pace

Ankle isn't feeling better or worse. Been icing and stretching. I woke up Sunday morning feeling edgy/cranky. I was going to put on some mellow/meditative music, but then I realized I didn't want to...I wanted to keep the edginess cause I knew it would help me have a better run....and it did! 10 good miles w/ hills mixed in. I am still not where I want to be in terms of weekly mileage, but inching my way there. Next Sunday is ING HALF. Should be a good/fun day.

3 comments:

Josh said...

How's your ankle feeling now? Rest up and get ready for great day on Sunday!

Josh said...

HAVE A GREAT RACE ON SUNDAY!

afuntanilla said...

thanks, josh. I'm looking forward to it.!!