Thursday, March 13, 2008

ice & om...

March 13: yoga lesson
March 11: 3 miles/25:15/8:25 pace


I've been having some strange aches and pains with my ankles & heels, especially on my left foot. What's strange is that the lateral area of my left ankle is not swollen, but is tender. It doesn't even bother me when i run, but it will hurt when i grab my foot/ankle area to do a quad stretch. And my heel areas are bugging me -- maybe my achilles is just real tight, which could definitely be it...or perhaps something else. Anyway, I have been icing my ankle just as a preventative measure and it does feel better afterwards. I also have been using a massage tool. I've work my Gastrocnemius and Flexor Digitorum Longus muscles. Damn, those muscles gets TIGHT!!

Tonight, I was fortunate to receive a free yoga lesson from a client/friend. It was strenuous, peaceful, and very balancing to an incredibly stressful yet exciting week. I hope this gets me started on some kind of consistent yoga path as it is something I have wanted to do for a while.

I have intentionally laid low this week from the miles in hopes my ankle will be less worrisome and hope to get in longer runs this weekend. ING is just 3 weeks away!!

Cheers and STRETCH

2 comments:

Scott McMurtrey said...

man, i hope the heel isn't going to be a problem. i've wanted to do yoga for a long time but it never seems to fit into my schedule. i'll be interested to see how it goes if you continue.

afuntanilla said...

thx, Scott. it's a bit better. i will definitely keep u posted on any Yoga progress.