Sunday, March 9, 2008

sdrawkcab mA I

"You're better than you think you are and you can do more than you think you can!"
- Ken Chlouber at Leadville

March 9 Sunday: 7.15 miles/1:10:00/9:47 pace
March 8 Saturday: 6 miles/1:00:33/10:06 pace
March 5 Wednesday: 3.35 miles/30 min
March 4 Tuesday: 2.6 miles/23:08

I am so backwards. Why? ok...here is what I mean: Saturday weather: cold, windy, approx 35 degrees w/ snow flurries. Ugly outside.
Where did I run? OUTSIDE!
Sunday weather: about 45 degrees at running time of about 1pm. blue skies. sunny. Where did I run? INSIDE on TREADMILL

?? Go Figure

I don’t really have an intelligent reason here. However, I did feel like I went out in some very unfavorable conditions yesterday and that can only be to my benefit, mentally and physically. 7+ miles on treadmill today sure seemed long, but I was happy listening to my iPOD and watching NCAA Men’s Basketball on the tube. I’m ready for some March Madness and hopefully, I will have some good picks and even more luck.
Feeling ok about the running....I have not been running as many miles as I "should" for upcoming ING, but I am getting there...

Train Smart
Have Fun

2 comments:

Josh said...

that's great! Running in miserable weather can be fun - and it definitely builds character. It always makes me feel like I'm "tougher" than everyone else!

Ryan V. said...

Last week in Texas was nuts. 70 degrees one day, snow and ice the next. Hard to figure out when to run.