Monday, March 17, 2008

weekend wrap

March 16: 8 miles/1:19:33/9:56 pace
March 15: 5.35 miles/51:50/9:41 pace

Saturday, we uh..had a uh...tornado watch! Yep, if you have not already heard, last friday night, a tornado made its way through Atlanta and Saturday, we were still on watch. Thankfully, the damage is not all too widespread, but pretty unnerving, nonetheless.

So..i was on treadmill on Saturday. Sunday was gorgeous and I was happy to be outside. I did, however, run by some of the damaged areas and it was sad and scary. A loft I lived in about 3 years ago was badly damaged. WHEW! Glad I am not there anymore.

It was great to be outside and running along with no iPOD. I listened to my breath and to the world around me. I thought about those people who have Lupus and who may not be able to run. I thought about how lucky I am. To live in a free land and to be healthy. What more is there?

Train Smart!

1 comment:

Josh said...

how's your ankle feeling? Better, I hope. Isn't it nice to run without music? I love the sounds of the streets - even when those streets are the chaos in NYC I call home!