Thursday, June 14, 2007

new shoes, new route

As I came out of our building elevator about 5pm, there was a heavy thunderstorm in place. Of course, it only lasted for a few mintes so by the time I drove about 4 miles, it was gone.

Yesterday, i bought some kicks!! I love 'em. They are ASCICS Cumulus VIII and a cool green color. I pretty much wear all ASICS for road running. Also got some new NEW BALANCE shorts. They are way cool. So.

I changed in my car and headed out for a slow run through a neighborhood I am not all that familiar with...the first 12 minutes were cake..flat, easy...got my stride going...and then BAM, HILL eztravaganza for the next nearly 20 minutes. Steep hills. AHHH...I felt like I was crawling...maybe I was...maybe that is why these 2 men standing and chatting on their lawn were staring..maybe they thought i might need to medical assistance!

Thankfully, the last 10 mintes were flat to downhill. Whew.

Running in unfamilair places can be so cool and so freakin challening sometimes. But, it is all good!! I was out there, breathing and working my body.

4 miles

Train Hard, Train Smart

Cheers

No comments: