Saturday, June 9, 2007

track workout

temp approx 74 degrees
humidity = 74 percent

YIKES

I woke at 7:30 and knew by the time i got to track, it was already gonna be tough conditions. Oh well, get out there anyway!!

I wanted to do a track workout to see where i am at in terms of speed. I did not do any kind of warm-up just so i could save on being out there longer with the heat rising. Maybe not the best thing, but this was all just sort of a gauge workout anyways.

1st mile - 7:57; 4 minute rest

2nd mile - 8:14, 4 min rest

1x400 - 1:45

equal rest time

1x400 - 1:44


Fittingly, here is a quote I came across recently I really liked:

"Sport is not about being wrapped up in cotton wool...Sport, like all life, is about taking risks."
-Roger Bannister

1 comment:

Eric said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog. I appreciate your kind words!

Good luck with your training and racing. Your ability to race for 4+ hours (or even longer if you do those 50k or 50m races!) is amazing to me. Something to be proud of, for sure.