Saturday, November 3, 2007

On one of the most exciting days for the men's running Olympic hopefuls, there was also an incredible trajedy.
You can read about both here: men's trials

Obviously, I didn't know R. Shay, but I have followed his racing some and actually thought of him as a big longshot to do well in the race. Incredibly sad. 28 years old.

I feel pretty deflated even mentioning my training, but here it is:

Friday: 2 miles -- hills around neighborhood - just to loosen up
Saturday: 5 miles, 57:29 @ Sweetwater
I did the Yellow Trail twice as it has the most climbing and I wanted to get in as much as I could since the start of JFK 50 will be climbing. A good, solid run, with very steep ascents and descents.
Tomorrow will be long.

1 comment:

Josh said...

So sad about Ryan Shay. It really shook me when I heard the news - after being so excited watching the trials...