Sunday, November 11, 2007

the weekend

Saturday: 3 miles, 28:05 - outside
Sunday: 3 miles, 28:34 - outside

Both days I wanted to run longer, but I was not feeling well physically. I think a combination of (lots of) stress and fatigue. Felt better today than yesterday, but still not 100%. Felt good to rest. I have a full plate right now and really need to do a lot of very basic things: EAT ENOUGH! SLEEP! TRY TO RELAX!

I'm not worried about JFK. I am really looking forward to it...to the adventure, to the challenge and to the opportunity to get away and do something I love: run a race! It will be so neat to just get there, get all the info and BIB # and meet people. And then, it will be awesome to get to the starting line. Regardless of anything else, it is awesome just to be able to be a part of it all.

I've got 2 buddies coming along for support and I'll be happy to have them there. T2 will come out and run either once or twice with me and we'll have to figure out where. I'm sure no matter where it is along the 50 miles, I will be pretty damn happy when I see her.

Cheers to all and have a good week.

4 comments:

Trinity2 said...

Yep, I'm bringing my tights, B is bringing her girly magazines and we're doing it!

Josh said...

Tapering does that to me, too - after so many months of intense training, not getting out there, makes me just feel "off". I'm really excited too!
We are staying with family in DC and driving up to Boonsboro that morning - hopefully getting there around 5:45...

Scott McMurtrey said...

We're almost there!...

Have a great weekend! Say hi if you see me.

afuntanilla said...

t2-i'm glad ya'll will be there.

scott and josh -- i'm hoping to see you guys. i'm sure i will notice you from your photos!!