Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sunday

Time: 1:44
Distance: 8.43 miles

Details: late am start. a bit warm. chocolate chip clif bar prior, strawberry/banana gel during

Reflections: well, i didn't quite make the 2 hour mark; but i still feel good about the run. I went back to Sweetwater instead of Kennesaw. Running Sweetwater trails back to back days is NO WALK IN THE PARK, PEOPLE. Mile 5.5 to 6.5 was nearly entirely all a steep uphill climb. So, uh, no, I did not run up this monster.
I felt kinda out of it the whole time. Not sure why. My sleep has been off as well as my eating which i'm sure would explain a lot. I iced my quads and hamstrings afterwards which felt great. I NEED TO EAT BETTER.

"Pressure is nothing more than the shadow of great opportunity"
-Michael Johnson

3 comments:

Scott McMurtrey said...

i love trails so much.

i've actually never tried the clif bars before. eating before or during my runs is something i need to work very hard on. especially with ultras coming up...

Joe said...

1:44! Wow that's a long run.

afuntanilla said...

scott-- you don't eat anything on your longer runs??

joe -- yeah, it was loooong and tough