Saturday, September 15, 2007

Time: 1:25
Distance: 8.5 miles

Details: choc chip peanut butter clif bar, prior; Silver Comet Trail (flat, paved)

Reflections: Running at the Silver Comet is like visiting a dear old friend. I always feel welcome and it's always a pleasure to return to a site that knows me so well. As I traversed along the paved path, I wondererd just how many steps i have taken on this old railroad track that was transformed into a path where so many could exercise their body, their soul. It first welcomed me as I began my first marathon training back in 2000. It carried me, it supported me, it pushed and challenged me. With it's help, I completed my first marathon in Chicago in 2000. So, needless to say, it's a place i know well and am grateful for.
Today's run was a simple out and back along the trail. So beautiful out there with the trees still forming canopies and hiding a bulk of the rising sun. Lots of folks out there, as usual, but i noticed a lot of folks wearing fuel belts and such. Of course, i wondered what THEY were training for....Lots of cyclists out there too and i was a bit bummed i had not brought my bike so i could ride afterwards. oh well. I've got a longer run planned for tomorrow. Not sure where...either Kennesaw Trail or through the city.

TRAIN HARD, TRAIN SMART

1 comment:

Josh said...

Sounds like a great place to run! I love running on those trails that my feet know by heart. Have a great weekend!