Thursday, December 20, 2007

the days have felt quite long and today i was weary. however, at one point i just had a laughing spell at work...just because i was sooo tired. tired from just everything...as i am sure lots of people are right about now. the year is quickly coming to an end and it's crunch time in lots of places. i felt "out of it" most of the day today...i feel like so many of my hours are spent at work or on work that i feel in some weird kind of daze. i'm not complaning, just commenting and noticing more for myself than anything else.
before leaving the office today, i was pretty certain i would NOT go to the gym. however, when i left and got into my vehicle...i drove in the direction of the club, so there i was. i was on the treadmill listening to ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption" (those 2 guys are funny!!) and soon enough, i was all wrapped up in my workout. And I was so HAPPY. And as I continued to run and then lift some weights, I realized part of myh happy feelings came from feeling like something was back in order...something was back on track..if even for just a little bit. My workout is a place just for me...away from work, people, all the current craziness of the holidays...away from everything except my own heartbeat, my own sweat and my own level of exertion and satisfaction. i'm so gratfeul.

no warmup
3 mile run/27:10/9:03 pace

weights

2 comments:

Joe said...

Workouts are a great way to get away from it all. We should thank our lucky stars that we are physically capable of doing workouts.

afuntanilla said...

joe-completely agree!