Sunday, December 2, 2007

a vent

Not much has been going on with exercising. The past week, I did 3 very short runs; 2 outside and 1 on treadmill. It felt good to move my body and then afterwards, it didn’t feel so good. I felt like I labored way too much each time. Clearly, my body it trying to tell me something. I just don’t like what it is saying. I have had a ton going on these past 2-3 weeks. Here is a short re-cap: stressed out about making my first ever offer on a house (did not go through..for the better) flew to Baltimore and ran 34.4 freaking miles, got sick with food poisoning afterwards for 3 days (made worse by my vulnerable, comprised body); on the last day of being sick, hopped on a plane to LAS VEGAS for “thanksgiving/vacation”, spent 3.5 days having a blast gambling and such, but all in smoky environments. came back home and started my new position at work and have been working a ton.

When I look at this schedule, it makes sense my body would be tired and giving me signals. Sometimes, travel alone can do that to one’s body. Mixed in with all of it is being in contact or around so many people and you never know what happens in situations as such. BUT, I FREAKING HATE NOT FEELING 100%.
I HATE IT.
On my way outside today and over to a coffeeshop, i saw how quiet the Sunday streets were and the perfect running temperatures. I just wanted to run...

OK! Enough of all that. I’m gonna be using some of this “down” time to think and do some research on how I can improve my speed...especially leg stride/turnover. I already found a good source last night while checking out a book at Borders. I’m also checking out 2008 race schedules and looking to see what I want to do, especially during the first quarter of 2008.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Get well.

Hey that Browns game was pretty exciting, wasn't it? I think the refs blew the call on the final play. Winslow was definitely pushed out of bounds.

afuntanilla said...

joe-thx. yes, i agree on the refs call, but it should have never come to that. browns had four turnovers. they gave the freaking game away!!