Saturday, August 4, 2007

Saturday:
Distance: 6 miles
Time: 1:01:30

Details: Food > clif bar mint chocolate, before, PoweGel Vanilla, during

Reflections: had a good 1 1/2-2 hours wake up time prior to 9:30 am start. Much too late as the heat was already past 80 degrees. For the 1st time in awhile, I ran with iPod; a nice change. Beautiful, clear day...but WARM. At the start, i felt like I had quite a bit of energy, but about half way, my legs felt pretty heavy and my perceived level exertion was high, i'd say. Maybe not eating enough carbs lately or maybe some effects from 1.5 margaritas last night. :)
Still. I felt good being out there. As mentioned before, i have not had much time to run during the week, but that should change at least for the immediate near term. I was only able to get in 2 very short runs in this week after long work days.

Came across 2 short hills which i walked and 2 steep hills which i ran-walked.

At the top of 1st steep hill, an elderly woman walking her dog said in a sweet southern accent, "you should've started earlier. it's already hot." "Yeah", I replied, "but i wanted to sleep in"

It sure felt good to sleep in when i was still in bed, but at 10:00, it sure didn't!

Close to the end and going up the last hill, i saw a guy with a OHIO STATE t-shirt on watering his grass. He saw me coming and said, "need some help?" "Yeah, Buckeye", I said, and he filled my water bottle. Thanks!

Ate some pasta tonight. Hope to get some good sleep and get out a bit earlier. Looking forward to tomorrow's adventure

No comments: