Monday, August 6, 2007

"You learn you can do your best even when it's hard, even when you are tired and maybe hurting a little bit. it feels good to show some courage."
-Joe Namath


Distance: 6 miles
Time: 59:26

Details: food > clif bar chocolate chip, before, PowerGel Vanilla during

Reflections: Another good wake up period of about 1 1/2 hr before run. I am finding I need at least this amount of time to really wake up and eat, etc... An hour or less and I am not worth very much after 2 miles.

Began the run with buddy, S.L., at 8AM. Unbelievable, but it was much more humid at 8am today than it was on Saturday at 930 start. UUGGHH. Man, the air was THICK and HEAVY. Hard to breath. We ran through Decatur > downtown and around an past Agnes Scott College. Through some other nieghborhoods called Kirkwood, East Lake, & Oakhurst. All in all a solid run and i was happy with it.

I'm seriously thinking of beginning my weekend runs at about 5am next weekend. I need to put more miles in.

2 good 6 milers back to back was good though for the weekend


-Train hard, Train smart

2 comments:

JustRun said...

Nice run and great quote. I cannot imagine your humidity...it was about 55% here and we were dripping at less than 1 mile!

afuntanilla said...

thx, girl. go get 'em