Sunday, October 28, 2007

"All pressure is self-inflicted. It's what you make of it or how you let it rub off on you."
Sebastian Coe

Time: 1:57:54
Distance: 12 Miles, outside

2 good runs this weekend. I guess more to the point was I felt strong on both days and I was surprised. Both saturday and sunday, when I woke, I felt tired still and not too motivated at all. And then shortly into the runs, I felt really good and my pace was good. Maybe some of my feelings are related to the distances being shorter...but I just felt refreshed in a sense. The temperatures were just about 50 degrees at the start both days. I definitely was having fun out there. On the route today, I deliberately went into an area that I had not been in a while and new I could see some changes in construction etc..
I saw a corner that had been re-vamped as a little sitting area with a bench and some new grass. On the wall nearby, there was some graffiti. The words were: HUG LIFE

I LOVE IT!

Soon, my feet with touch down on the trails of Maryland.

"I loved the feeling of freedom in running, the fresh air, the feeling that the only person I'm competing with is me."
Wilma Rudolph"

1 comment:

JustRun said...

I know I said this before, but are you getting so much faster or is it just my imagination?
I need to train more.