Monday, October 1, 2007

rest day ramblings

Yesterday while i was out shuffling on the trails at kennesaw, a world record was being broken: Ethiopia's Haile Gebrselassie shattered a marathon world record on Sunday in Berlin. Time: 2:04:26. This equates to 4:44 pace per mile. JUST LET THAT SOAK IN FOR A SECOND OR 2. 4 minutes and forty-four second pace per mile for 26.2 miles. THAT IS UTTERLY INCOMPREHENSIBLE to me. At my best, I can maybe run ONE 7-min mile. WOW. WOW. WOW.

As I sip on this Late Harvest Autumn Ale from RED HOOK, the light sounds of the TBS commentators are in the backgroud. They are broadcasting the rockies/padres baseball game. (i am rooting for rockies in this game) Overall in the MLB playoffs though, I am rooting for Arizona. Why? Because they were solid all season and have a good young team, are exciting, and most importantly, The GIANTS are long done. GO DIAMONDBACKS! (sorry to the AL's...I just cannot root for an AL team...)

I am already thinking of where to go for my long runs this weekend. I am thinking North Georgia, North Carolina, The GULF COAST...as you can see, i am all over the map. We'll see how the week goes and what the mood feels like.

it seems like i see more and more folks out running. hmmm. maybe this running thing is catching on....

cheers!

No comments: