Sunday, October 14, 2007

Time: 3:01:38
Distance: 17.34 miles

All throught the streets of atlanta today. Felt pretty good except for last 2 miles were a bit tough. Walked another mile and a half home. Awesome weather this weekend. Mid 40's at the start of the runs and clear/sunny. Yesterday afternoon, i stopped in a local running store called THE BIG PEACH. I went in to check out what new ASICS were in and what new apparel. I bumped into the owner who I have gotten to know some since his store opened a few years ago. He is a ultrarunner and excited to hear about my upcoming quest. Just talking with him gave me a nice boost and some comraderie. It was good to talk with someone who has been there....I didn't get any shoes, but I might. I gotta check out another place and see if the colors are any different..... :)

I didn't wear my iPod today, but I had it one yesterday. I had it on shuffle and 2 of the songs that came on were recent downloads.. 1) Let's Go Crazy and 2) Baby, I'm a Star, both by Prince. I tell you what, those songs completely GET ME GOING! Not only do i want to run faster, i also want to sing out loud and DANCE!! FUN MUSIC...

Cheers.

2 comments:

Josh said...

I think that this weekend will be my last really long run. Then the following weekend I'm doing a half ironman (going to take it really easy). I'm not sure what I'll do 2 weeks out, but probably nothing too long. What's your schedule?
Question for you - do you use trail shoes when you run off road? I still haven't pulled the trigger and can't decide!

Scott McMurtrey said...

okay, i guess it's alright to choose shoes (at least partially) based on color even if you are a hardcore running fanatic. :)