Sunday, October 21, 2007

Running, Running, Running

LATE MORNING: I know what got me out the door, but I have no idea how I didn't stop after about 500 yds. My legs were so freakin' heavy. WOW.

Time: 45:45
Distance: 4.7 miles, outside


LATE AFTERNOON/EARLY EVENING:

Time: 47 minutes
Distance: 5 miles, treadmill

As oppossed to the "runners high", I have been in a "runners trance" this weekend. It's been a trip, really. I think today's runs were more satisfying than yesterday's....simply because I ran on some tired legs and felt pretty decent after I got going. In fact, tonight at the gym, I was just in some kind of zone. Yesterday was painful, as I would expect it to be.

Nevertheless, I am nervous about JFK race. Is is really a race? or an Adventure?

I have no idea...I have no idea.

To a non-runner or even someone who runs occassionally, i think the thought is, "you must really love running.."
you know...I don't know if i would say exactly those words. What I love is the challenge I am presented with each and every time I put on my shoes and get out the door. That's the love. That's the juice.

2 comments:

Josh said...

Great weekend of running! It's amazing how much willpower it takes to get back out there, and how good it feels once you do! I added one more long run to my schedule (for Nov. 2) and then it will be time to put it all to the test...

Scott McMurtrey said...

adventure